Florida Health Care Coalition to Host Specialty Pharmacy and Oncology Symposium in Orlando October
Event Features Leading Cancer Treatment Centers
ORLANDO, Fla. (September 30, 2016) – The Florida Health Care Coalition (FLHCC) is hosting a "Strategies for Success in Managing Cancer and Specialty Pharmacy" Symposium on Wednesday, October 12 at the Valencia College School of Public Safety beginning at 7:30 a.m.
Featuring a variety of nationally-recognized and local speakers, the symposium topics will focus on:
- Cancer Care - What's New and What's Next Panel: This panel discussion will talk about what employers can anticipate on the oncology horizon and take a look at three different areas that can affect the employers understanding of oncology treatment along with how it could affect their benefit/healthcare spend.
- Perspectives From Managed Care, Specialty Pharmacies, Oncologists, Practice Managers, and Employers
- The Conversation Project: Advanced End of Life Care Planning
- Guide to Specialty Drugs for Employers: This session will provide a general background on specialty drugs and high-level management strategies.
- Specialty Drugs - Let's Take Action: This workshop on low-prevalent but high-cost conditions impacting the employer.
- Ray Bailey, B Pharm, R.Ph., Florida Cancer Specialists
- Melissa S. Gonzales, Ph.D., Genentech
- Donna Gray, RN, BSN, CHPN, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Sue Heineman, Pharm.D., BCPS, Pfizer U.S. Medical Affairs
- Dr. Maurie Markman, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
“This symposium brings together two topics that are very common and critical in today’s employer health care world,” FLHCC President and CEO Karen van Caulil said. “We have complied a strong group of representatives and experts in the Specialty Pharmacy and Oncology fields to shed light on current struggles faced in relation to these topics and how employers can best manage care for all parties involved.”
To learn more about this symposium or to register, visit http://flhcc.org/events. Sponsors for this symposium include Abbvie, Bayer, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Genetech and Pfizer.
# # #
About Florida Health Care Coalition: The Florida Health Care Coalition (FLHCC) represents major employers across the state that cover nearly two million lives, addressing one common goal: to improve the quality of health care for all Floridians. Through educational programs and quality improvement initiatives developed by the member organizations, Coalition staff, board members, partners, affiliates, and sponsors, FLHCC organizes events that inform and contribute to health care quality improvement across Florida. For more information, please visit www.FLHCC.org, or find the organization on Facebook, Twitter (@FLHCC) or LinkedIn.
back to News and Press Releases Listings >>