Florida Health Care Coalition Announces 2017-2018 Executive Committee at Annual Meeting
5/1 Annual Conference Also Previewed
ORLANDO, Fla. (March 8, 2017) – The Florida Health Care Coalition (FLHCC) announced and installed the 2017-2018 Executive Committee during yesterday’s Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors at Nova Southeastern University.
The following are now appointed members and officers of the FLHCC 2017-2018 Executive Committee:
- Chair – Patrick Peters, Orange County Government
- Vice-Chair – Barbara Wachsman, Disney
- Treasurer – Jon Stolp, Florida Retail Federation
- Secretary – Ana Palenzuela, City of Orlando
- At-Large Director – Mark Weinstein, Independent Colleges and Universities Benefits Association
- At-Large Director – Mary Beth Clifton, Valencia College
- At-Large Director – Ashley Bacot, Rosen Hotels and Resorts
- At-Large Director – Rosa Novo, Miami Dade School District
- At- Large Director – Beth Curran, Orange County School District
The key note speaker for the Annual Meeting was Dr. Paul Fronstin, Director of the Health Research and Education Program at the Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI). He discussed and examined aspects of anticipated Affordable Care Act "repeal and replace" reform initiatives, and the impact that these approaches may have on how employers will provide health coverage for their employees and family members. FLHCC also discussed alternative payment model and consumer education initiatives for the coming year and recognized the Leapfrog “Top Hospitals” located in Florida.
“We were thrilled to have Dr. Fronstin present his expert opinion on the proposed health care legislation which was released only hours before the Annual Meeting,” said FLHCC President and CEO Karen van Caulil. “As a purchaser coalition, it is our responsibility to educate our employer members – and Florida’s health care community – in a timely manner with the right information and resources needed to achieve better outcomes for all the populations we serve.”
During the Annual Meeting, FLHCC shared their theme for the upcoming Annual National Conference, “Getting to Better Care and Improved Outcomes.” Improving the value of the health care dollar is critical to every health care purchaser and this will be the focus of the FLHCC Annual National Conference taking place on May 1, 2017 at Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, FL.
back to News and Press Releases Listings >>