Karen van Caulil Re-Elected Chair of National Business Coalition on Health
ORLANDO, Fla. (August 16, 2016) - The National Business Coalition on Health (NBCH), a non-profit organization of business health coalitions, representing more than 12,000 purchasers and 41 million Americans, announced its slate of new officers for the Board of Governors. Officers are elected by their board peers based on proven leadership and commitment to NBCH, as well as their efforts to advance and strengthen value-based purchasing strategies.
"Improving the quality and cost of care and ultimately health and well-being in our country requires the collective action of coalitions and employers," said Mike Thompson, NBCH President and CEO. "Each of our member coalitions is doing extraordinary things in their local markets and the combined strength of these efforts through their work with NBCH plays a critical role in improving our health care system. This board of coalition leaders is instrumental in shaping our national efforts."
"I am honored to be selected for this position. For more than two decades, NBCH has been dedicated to continually improving quality, value-based health care for employers across the country," van Caulil said. "We have that same goal for members of the Florida Health Care Coalition. I am honored for the continued opportunity to affect national health care improvement through the NBCH board and look forward to contributing all that we have learned in Florida to benefit other states."
At-Large Representatives newly elected to the NBCH Board of Governors include:
Elected Executive Committee members continuing their Board terms include:
- Lisa Ellington, CEO, South Carolina Business Coalition on Health
- Troy Ross, President & CEO, Mid-America Coalition on Health Care
- Chris Skisak, Executive Director, Houston Business Coalition on Health
back to News and Press Releases Listings >>
- Chair Karen van Caulil, President and CEO, Florida Helath Care Coalition
- Vice Chair, Gaye Fortner, President and CEO, HealthCare 21 Business Coalition
- Secretary-Treasurer Neil Goldfarb, President and CEO, Greater Philadelphia Business COalition on Health
- Representative Larry Boress, President & CEO, Midwest Business Group on Health
- Representative Jessica Brooks, CEO & Executive Director, Pittsburgh Business Group on Health
- Representative Beverly Helkey, Executive Director, Tri-State Health Care Coalition
- Representative Anne Ladd, CEO, Wyoming Business Coalition on Health (elected to a second term)
- Representative Laurel Pickering, President and CEO, Northeast Business Group on Health
- Representative Cristie Upshaw Travis, CEO, Memphis Business Group on Health
# # #